Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 3 at the Gym

So far so good, huh? I can't believe that I didn't talk myself out of going to the gym for 3 days in a row. In fact, I had a little breakthrough tonight. I was walking on the treadmill and sort of experimenting with speed, stride length, etc. I figured out that I could walk faster longer with shorter strides. Suddenly I realized the gym was empty and without even thinking about it I started to jog!! I only did it for a minute, but I did it. I walked for a few minutes after that then I did it again for another 45 seconds. I was so proud of myself. All over one little minute. But now I know I can do it and I WILL be able to do it more and more as time goes by. I almost cried. Then I thanked God for giving me the strength to do it. It really was a GOd thing because the whole time I was walking I kept thinking to myself it would be a while before I was in any shape to try jogging. Then all of a sudden I was doing it. I can't describe the feeling. I think I finally feel like this is the time that weight loss is going to last.

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo!!! I'm so very proud of you! Congrats on this positive step foward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! I can't believe I can do this. It nearly brings me to tears.

    ReplyDelete