Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Feeling really low

So, it would seem that keeping up with my little project is going to be more of a challenge on my 7 days off. I didn't actually take my regular 7 days off though so this may just be temporary. Truth be told, I have been very bummed out and I haven't wanted to think about my new fabulous healthy lifestyle at all. I haven't even tracked my points for the last 2 days. Haven't wanted to. Haven't cared. It all started with a picture I took last Saturday with Astros legend Jose Cruz.
I wanted to get something signed for Stephen and wanted a picture with Jose Cruz, former Houston Astro, to give my Dad for Fathers Day. I went and stood in line for an hour, very excited to meet him and get Stephen's World Series ball signed. Cruz didn't play in the World Series, of course. But he was coaching so that was cool enough for me! I thought I looked cute, but the picture told a very different story. I chose a very unflattering shirt. I looked terrible. And to make it worse Jose Cruz was looking down at the ball he had just signed instead of looking at the camera. I guess he was a little impressed that I had a World Series ball instead of just a regular ball. Either way, I looked terrible. Even the sweetest reassurances of my loving husband could not cure this for me. I have lost 17 lbs since starting back on Weight Watchers in late January so I was hoping for a semi-decent picture. Now, I am not one of those women who always hates pictures of herself. Despite my waistline, I know I can take a good picture every now and then...this just wasn't one of those times.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen,
    First off....I'm sending you a great big cyber (((((hug!))))))
    One day at a time. You've lost 17 lbs. since January? Congratulations!!!! That's something to be very, very proud of. Please, don't let this picture discourage you. Make it motivate you! Your still on track, just forget about the last few days and start anew. You have a plan, you have willpower and all of my support & faith in you!

    BTW, Love your blog!!! And, no the blog name is not cheesy! I love it! I was maybe going to restart my blog, but name it Gogleville! -ha!

    ...and stupid Jose - look at the camera!! geez!
    Love You Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I really like what I am doing so far. Hope to see you guys soon. Miss You!

    ReplyDelete