Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Worn Out

After working 9 days straight for 11+ hours each night...I am worn out! Yesterday was my first day off and I slept for most of it. Stephen and I went out for a late dinner and a movie with our favorite people, Ron and Marian. We had already seen "The Hangover" but they hadn't and I kid you not, it was just as funny the second time around. It was a great impromptu date night. So, it's Sunday morning and we slept in. My Mom and Dad are coming over for a belated "Father's Day" dinner. So, while my honey is still snoozing I thought I would share something I heard about faith.
Faith is hard. I talk about having faith like it is easy, which is sort of arrogant on my part because I am the "ye" Jesus is talking about when He says "oh, ye of little faith". But today I was finally able to really understand where faith comes in to play where my weight loss journey is concerned. I have to act ahead of God's fulfillment of my goals. I have to lay a foundation before I can build the house...even if I don't have the materials to build the house yet. This really made me think about my efforts. I haven't really included God in my plans much and I don't really know how other than to believe that He wants me to be physically and mentally healthy. So, in faith I will strive do the things I know will lead me to where God wants me to be. These things are pretty simple: continue to exercise and eat properly. Faith though, is rarely simple.

2 comments:

  1. "Faith though, is rarely simple".
    AMEN!!!

    I'm stuggling with that in my own terms as well. It's hard to have faith that all will be well & know every difficult task has been put before us by God. (As a test of our faith? I don't know. I feel I have been tested to the max this last year - and I failed horribly)

    What's the alternative? I've been living the "alternative" (having absolutely no faith) for a year now, and it's not been pretty. I've been miserable. To have no faith is to just roll over and give up. That's not US!!! We're both fighters! Finding my faith again has somewhat opened my eyes, but like you said, it is rarely simple. I'm not sure if any of this even made any sense! I'm Sorry!

    We had such a great time with you guys Saturday night!! We're still talking (and laughing) about that movie! It was just hilarious!!! I really LOVE our couples date night!

    Love you!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are going to have to make it a habit! I just hope the guys don't get sick of eachother after working together all week long.
    I was halfway listening to Joel Osteen Sunday morning when I started thinking about faith. It was a good message. He just talked about how God really longs to see our faith. He wants us to take chances that allow Him to fulfill great things in our lives. The example he gave was that when his dad, John Osteen, wanted to build a new sanctuary he started by taking up a special offering. Initially they only had enough to pay for the pouring of the foundation. So, John decided to wait for more money to roll in before they got started. He waited and waited but the funds didn't come. A friend of his asked him what he was waiting for. John told him that they didn't have the money to build anything more than the foundation. So, what was he waiting for? Pour the foundation and know that God will see his faith and it will touch people's hearts. And it did, and the funds started rolling in to get started on the next phase. It was a good message. Really made me think. Maybe made me think TOO much. Made me start contemplating going back to school...I HATE SCHOOL!!!

    ReplyDelete