Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Missouri 60

I hope I spelled that correctly. So, I am going to take part in an online challenge. Tony "The Anti-Jared" is hosting a challenge where you see how much you can change in 60 days. The clever title refers to Missouri, the "show me" state...sort of a "show me the changes in 60 days". I have been reluctant to post real pictures of myself because I hate pictures. I know, what chronically overweight girl doesn't? I have been putting it off, acting like I was going to dig out some pics of where I was 32.5 lbs. ago but since I am still far from my goal I may as well take some from now. I will then take some after 60 days. I think the Contest actually starts July 1st. This is a big deal to me, and not the easiest thing to do. See, pictures make you face what you already know to be true. When I don't look at pictures of myself I can imagine that I really don't look "that fat". But the truth is, pictures do not lie. Besides the only people who read my blog are people who love no matter what so whats the big freaking deal huh? So Crystal and Shelley, my partners in crime here in the lab, are going to take some pics of me tonight. Then I am going to try very hard to avoid diving into a pint of Ben and Jerry's...instead I am going to go the freaking gym again in the morning and not hate myself.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand! This IS a big, scary step! Pictures of yourself can tear you down if you let them, but they can also provide you with powerful motivation!!! I hate pics of myself (I pick them apart & point out all of the imperfections in myself)
    I can SEE your loss already. I think when you see it (in pictures if needed),you will find a new level of motivation. I can tell you, you are losing weight & I can see it!!!!!
    But I think the problem is, people have a really hard time seeing the changes in themselves without that critical voice (satan?)in the back of their mind beating them down. (I have now named that "voice" a**hole). I just tell it, "shut up a**hole! I'm in charge now!"
    Your doing great!!!
    ~~Just keep swimming!!!~~
    Love you!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I had a bad evening with Stephen and I have been beating myself up. Thanks for the cheery words of love and encouragement. You're a lifesaver Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose any of us really like our "before" photos. Pfffffffffffft...Lord knows I don't! But...it is what it is!

    You're going to see a difference! You can do it!

    Good luck!

    Dawn @ http://byebyetomybigbutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete