Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Dragging a** after vacation

I do not like the feeling that I need a vacation after my vacation. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time with family at the Frio River. It's nice to see everyone, fun to cook and eat (and DRINK) together. But somehow I feel worn out now that we are home. Maybe even bummed out? It makes no sense. I have that affliction where I want everyone to be happy and when they aren't I feel like I have some responsibility to help "fix" things. Which I can't do.
It's a twisted sort of arrogance I have about love and life. I have an amazing love that I am grateful for and humbled by daily. Stephen is the best thing about me and I cherish my place in this world as his wife. So, I sometimes feel like it's not fair that I have this great love and others don't. I'm not talking about everyone mind you. Ron and Marian have a beautiful love that should be envied. My father-in-law and mother-in-law are a stellar example of a powerful husband and wife team. Even my sweet parents, with the tumultuous marriage that they have had, awe me with their love and friendship after 35 years of marriage. So what's the point? I see trouble for others I love. I see red flags in their relationships. And it's pretty darn snooty of me to think I have a right to want to help "fix" things for them. SO, I keep my big mouth shut and worry myself over things that have nothing to do with me. And it makes me feel rotten.
See, I spent the better part of my 20's making a mess of my life. I lived through it and learned loads about myself and what God thinks of me. I promised myself that I would share my failures in hopes of helping others NOT make the same mistakes I did. But people have to make their own mistakes and as much as I hate to admit it, I don't know everything. But I know somethings. The night before Stephen and I got married I was struggling with things I didn't understand. So, I talked to someone I knew could answer my questions honestly. It helped a lot. It was hard to ask and hard to hear but worth it. I wish I could pass on the things I learned...but the people i am concerned about aren't asking for help.
This isn't making much sense. I'm tired and this lab is a freaking ice box!! Perhaps tomorrow will be a happier, healthier blog entry? We will see. Right now I just want to get through morning run and head home to crawl in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment