Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Goals

I have been bummed out lately because I don't seem to be hitting my "little" goals. But now that I have had some time to think about my new lifestyle I realize that my goals need a little tweaking:
#1. I can't jog. My plantar facitis (heel spurs) simply will not allow it. This may change as I continue to loose weight but only by a little bit. The sad truth is bone spurs do not simply go away with weight loss. They may get to be less bothersome though so I am still hoping I will not have to have surgery for them. I did do a little jogging while on vacation at Hi Vali but I definitely paid for it as I hobbled around the next few days. I will have to stick to walking which everyone says is just as good. Twice while on vacation I woke up before everyone else and went for a 2 mile walk/jog...it was awesome. I have NEVER made it a point to exercise while on vacation so this was a huge deal to me.

#2. I need to wait a while before I bother with challenging my clothing choices. I wanted to be able to wear more "summery" clothes while on vacation. I did wear shorts a few times but I was very uncomfortable with the way I looked. I am just going to have to give myself more time and more lbs. lost before I test the "sundress" waters...there's still Labor Day! And we will be at Hi Vali again celebrating Ron and Marian's anniversary. So maybe a cute sundress for the END of summer?

After sulking and being a whiny baby most of last week I have been able to look at what I am doing and still find things to be proud of. It's just so hard because I want to see more. But slow and steady is what will make this a real life-changing accomplishment. I simply have too much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband, a loving family and the most incredible friends. I have a house full of cats that are exceptionally affectionate and I am very thankful for all of them. And for the first time in a long time I am finding it easier to talk to God. And I mean really talk to Him. Not the typical "Thank you for this day..." which is how I used to pray. I am re-learning how to converse with the Most High God. This above all things is what I am happy about right now.

1 comment:

  1. Well Jen, Re-tweak, re-think, re-whatever, but do not resign!!!! I can see the changes everytime I see you!! I wish you could see what I see!! You are so dedicated to this journey, there is absolutely no way you will fail!!
    Clothing! Have you ever noticed I don't ever wear shorts? I am sooo embarassed of my legs. I am also very, very uncomfortable. You can tell my left leg is much smaller than the right. I would do anything to wear shorts and be comfortable in them. So I understand where you are coming from, just in a little different way. And it would be a wonderful anniversary to see you wear a cute sundress, no matter where you are in the journey at that point. Show off what you have accomplished regardless if you made it to a specific loss goal by labor day or not!! You really don't know how beautiful you are & how much we love you and are cheering for you!! Please know your always in my prayers!!
    Just keep swimming!!!!!
    Love you!!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete