Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It took lots of guts...

...to stay in that swimming pool today. True to my word I woke up a little earlier than usual (2 p.m.) and got my rear to the gym. The pool has 3 lanes and only 1 was occupied so I was feeling good about being there. It's still a struggle to be in a swimsuit around other people but I got in the water as quick as possible and got to it determined to swim 10 laps. Here's how my thinking goes:
1- Okay, 10 laps, no biggie. Lets use the kickboard on the first one.
2- Just a little winded so this time freestyle
2 1/2- Why can't I remember how to breathe? I'm bailing out and doing the breaststroke
3- Backstroke
4- Why are there more guys showing up NOW!!
5- Okay, all 3 lanes full...maybe I should stop now?
6- Sure Mr. Speedo high school guy, we can share a lane.
7- Good Lord he swims fast...jerk
8- Backstroke seems to be the way to go.
9- Gotta stop and catch my breath. WHY IS THIS SO FREAKING HARD??
10- Man there is really a crowd in here now...thank goodness I am DONE!

So, I did it. 10 laps isn't really alot but its a great start. I was very proud of myself and am determined to get serious again. Going back tomorrow and I am going to swim 11 laps!

No comments:

Post a Comment